Thursday, September 11, 2008

winter wonderland 2sketches4you and daring card makers

This for Lauras sketch at the 2sketches 4you site and also this week on daring card makers there's a fabulous tutorial all about embossing so i was inspired to get out my cuttlebug !! I used my speaking of winter cart for the snowflake which i cut 3 times and glued together to make it like chipboard, i used Tim holtz inks and stickles to decorate the snowflake !! I also embossed the snowflake with the swiss dots folder and used the snowflake folder for the corner piece. wording is a rub on ! metal snowflake brads finish it off !! Thanks for looking and don't forget to check out both these fabulous sites !



13 comments:

shelly said...

beautiful card michelle love that snowflake! x shelly

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card for the challenge Michelle - love how you have done your snowflake and it does look like chipboard...another handy tip to store away in the crafty recesses of the old brain.
Love
Kath
xxxxx

Laura Davis said...

This is beautiful Michelle! I love the soft blue and the embossing.
Laura

Joke said...

What a lovely card. Great sof colours and I like the embossing.

Supria Karmakar said...

Michelle, explored your blog...love the side banners you have designed for your blog...and love this embossing you have done on this card. Thanks for your recent blog post ....Your name has been entered for my giveway. Hope I do get to meet you at the studio tour, as I would love that...I am originally from England too...grew up there and moved here a long time ago..but England in many ways still has my heart.
Hope to meet you?
Supria

Lana Clarke said...

Very christmassy and the embossing is gorgeous with the soft blues.
hugs
Lana x

Kathryn said...

Very Beautiful -- Love the large snowflakes -- it's lovely! ;)

~JulieH~ said...

stunning card Michelle!!

Juliexx

SueH said...

Hi Michelle, I'm please that you felt the need to get your Cuttlebug out.
I love your card, especially the added extra of the embossing on the snowflake as well as the card.

Eva said...

What a great card! Love the embossing and the snowflake!

Cardmaking Galore said...

Just love it - Well done!

Robyn said...

How beautiful!! Soft and elegant!

Nikki said...

This is beautiful! I love snowflakes in that soft blue you used. Just beautiful!