Monday, October 13, 2008

My Girl ! BBTB challenge !

Well i really had to get my thinking cap on for this challenge ! Regina asked us to use the accent essential cart and to use the accent 49 cut !! I had been wanting to do some layouts for a while now and thought the cut would make a wonderful border.
I used black red and cream papers by Autum leaves i think it's called foof a la. Autumn red cardstock and black soot distress ink by Tim Holtz. The border down the left is the accent 49 cut and i added some croched flowers with little cream pearls . The my girl was cut 3 times and layered from the storybook cart and i covered them with glossy accents, then pop dotted them off the page. I also cut two flourishes from the accent cart and added a larger croched flower. I added just a few buttons in the same colours ! You have to check out what all the other designers did this week !! They are one talented group of ladies ! see there wonderful designs HERE !

16 comments:

Enfys said...

This is such a gorgeous layout Michelle, you're right, the accent does make a stunning border. I love how we all see it in different ways. Well done on the cricut class xx

Anonymous said...

Hello Michelle, for some reason your blog poped out of my blog list, but I have you back and will check your blog every update (if time permits lol) "So many blogs, so little time" :)
OK! To the point... LOOOOOOVE your take on the challenge for BBTB, your lo design, colors and every single detail are just beautiful girl!!! Well done!!! Hugs, Sonia

Nikki said...

Michele, this is so pretty!! What a great LO.

:)

TERIBERI'S CREATIONS said...

I truly LOVE your take on the challenge. This layout is spectacular!! Love the colors and the pattern paper.

Hugs, T

ScrapMomOf2 said...

This is a beautiful layout! I love everything about it. The details are fantastic!

Ivy said...

Michelle, this LO is so beautiful..those colors are awesome! You are so creative my friend!

Lana Clarke said...

Great layout Michelle, I keep saying I am going to get some done for the trillions of pics I have!!
I never have the time! lol
Hugs
Lana x

mickeydee said...

Wonderful layout! I love all the layers and patterns. SO pretty! Love the accent as a side border!
(Just noticed you are from Ontario......I was born there!)

Jen said...

Yummy! I love the mix of papers and the accent cut...is just perfect for this! Super!

Regina Easter said...

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME...LOVE IT...

Carole Beath said...

Michelle, I absolutely love everything that you do.... I love this My Girl layout. It's wonderful. And I was so thrilled for you on the Cricut Class.

Dawn Wheeler said...

Stunning work such rich and fabulous colours ,love it ,Dawnxx

Heather Bares said...

this is gorgeous!!!!

Heather Bares said...

this is gorgeous!!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful layout Michelle!

~JulieH~ said...

beautiful Layout Michelle I love the colour combo and the aceent cut in black is a perfect border especially with the crochet flowers